While Supreme Court is asking why only a few have claimed the compensation, there is absolutely no information available online on any of the government run web portals. From a family member I heard that the application can be submitted at a Meeseva, I tried to find the same online but again in vain. Proper information or a specific page has not been setup and none of the media houses here in Hyderabad have written about the process or even tried to find if this is happening.
- Death Certificate (Original)
- COVID-19 Positive Report from the testing lab (online printed ones are not allowed to avoid any forgery/misrepresentation) (Original)
- AADHAAR Card of the deceased (Photocopy/XEROX)
- AADHAAR Card of the claimant (Photocopy/XEROX)
- Bank passbook first page of the claimant (Photocopy/XEROX)
Mobile number of the claimant (for AADHAAR authentication)
Here is the process I was asked to do to apply for the COVID-19 ex gratia in Hyderabad, Telangana:
- Visit any government run Meeseva Center (Franchise ones are not allowed/authorised to accept these applications as of December 2021)
- Get the documents listed above scanned
- Visit the counter where the application will be created and you can check for all the details as per your AADHAARs submitted. Make sure all the details are correct and as per the documentation.
- Claimant in my case was my mother (Do find out before hand if son/daughter/brother/sister or any other close family relation can apply for this)
- An OTP is generated and in my case I used the same phone number linked to my mother’s AADHAAR.
- After the application form is filled, bio-metric authentication is done for the claimant.
- Upon successful completion of the authentication, you will be handed over a receipt with the Application No., from Meeseva and you will also receive an SMS with the same Application No., for future reference.
- Claimant has to be present at Meeseva for the application process for bio-metric authentication.
- No fees/payment is required for this application.
- Make sure you have the originals as mentioned above (just in case)
- All documents you take will be given back along with the receipt after the process is complete.
- Visit only government installed Meeseva centers and not a franchise one. You can find your nearest one here: https://ts.meeseva.telangana.gov.in/meeseva/MeesevaCentres.htm
- Note that this is only the application process. Will update this post after receiving the amount again.